Sunday, May 2, 2010

FELA on Broadway



For those of you following me on twitter, you would know that this weekend I was super excited to be blessed with the opportunity to see FELA on Broadway. Words cannot justify such a great experience as I sat in awe at the 'Shrine' and Fela Anikulapo-Kuti (played by Sahr Ngaujah) took us through the life journey of the 'Black President'.



Set in Lagos, Nigeria in the late 1970's 'Fela' and his 'Queens' take us on the search for true African Style as they give birth to the musical genre Afrobeat.



As much as I could sit here and tell you all how great the performance was, it really is something you need to experience for yourself (plus I wouldn't want to be the one to ruin any surprises for you)! This interactive performance centered around Fela's last performance at the shrine is FAB in all aspects and with an all star cast, an engaging set design, beautiful wardrobes, a talented ensemble and excellent choreography, FELA is a must see for all my FAB readers!



FAB applauds all those who participated in putting together such a great performance including but not limited to Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.



To all my US FAB readers I strongly suggest picking up those tickets so that you too can "simmer with people talking politics, drinking, smoking igbo and dancing, all to the beat of endless waves of soul-catching, heart-pounding music. WELCOME NA DE SHRINE!"



Stay FAB!

SiSi

No comments:

Post a Comment