Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's a FAB Barbie World!!!

Anyone who knew me between the age of 3 - 13 would know that I was obsessed with 2 things; my dancing and my barbies (yes I'm aware that 13 was a lil old to be playing with Barbie). The ultimate girly girl, I remember when my cousin gave my Barbie the Rihanna bob 10 years before its time- and had the guts to tell me the hair would grow back #MajorShade. Anywho, with females like Nikki Minaj and the Bonquiqui's of our world claiming to be 'Barbies' I was excited today when I finally saw Barbie in a new light, a classy, cultural light that is 100% FAB.




Special thanks to UK based photographer Obi, who decided to show case his work with 'Black Barbie & Ken's Nigerian Traditional Wedding'. The pictures are all available on his website. But I must say, not only are these pictures flawlessly amazing, they are quite accurate at depicting the true beauty and essence of a Nigerian wedding.

Thank you once again Barbie for setting the bar high for fabulous weddings! And to the original Ken, I'm still waiting for that call...it's been 12 years already!

Enjoy the pictures!


Stay FAB!

Ciao,

SiSi

No comments:

Post a Comment